Breakthrough® Fuel is seeking a Senior Data Scientist that will be based in Green Bay, WI, USA. In this role, you will leverage technical skills and business acumen to synthesize energy & supply chain information into easily understood data-driven stories.
- Acquiring and cleansing data from client-provided data sources and other external sources.
- Interpreting and validating business rules and assumptions.
- Querying and transforming internal data into actionable insights, using R/Tableau/AquaData Studio/PG Admin.
- Blending data sets to add new value to the information.
- Testing analytical concepts for validity and ensuring flawless calculation prior to client exposure.
- Visualizing data in a way that leads to immediate insight and delight, emphasizing toolsets such as Tableau, MS Office, ARC GIS and R-Shiny.
R&D / Concept Development
- Applying advanced analytical methods including clustering, simulation, constraint modeling and machine learning.
- Making accurate predictions using appropriate statistical methods.
- Maintaining knowledge and understanding of current and emerging trends within the analytics industry.
- Providing data science subject matter expertise, leading and communicating the value of data science within the organization.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships throughout the organization
- Persistent, active listening skills.
- Education: Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Business, Economics or other related 4-year bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years of professional related experience.
- Familiarity in R, SQL, Python, Tableau, PG Admin, Aqua Data Studio, MS Office (Access, Excel, PowerPoint), ARC GIS or other related tools like SAS etc.
- Prior experience in supply chain, transportation/logistics a plus.
ABOUT BREAKTHROUGH®: Breakthrough®Fuel is the expert in managing the energy and information that fuels the movements of goods globally. We have the patented technology and industry knowledge to create energy strategies for the world's largest shippers. By providing transparency, we enable our clients to effectively manage the energy that moves their goods to market. These global strategies ultimately reduce the cost, consumption, and emissions associated with transportation fuel, giving our clients an edge on their competition. Now active in more than 40 countries, Breakthrough®Fuel supports billions of miles of transportation and manages hundreds of millions of gallons of fuel annually, making us the trusted advisor for transportation energy strategies worldwide.
MEET OUR SMART, PASSIONATE, AND EDGY TEAM: