Breakthrough®Fuel is seeking a Database Administrator that will be based in Green Bay, WI, USA. The Database Administrator will be part of the Technical Services team and is responsible for maintaining a secure, sustainable database infrastructure. As a member of a small infrastructure team, the responsibilities will focus on Database Administration but may be asked to support additional areas, for example system administration and/or desktop support.
- Installation, administration, support, tuning, maintenance, monitoring and documentation of PostgreSQL database infrastructure to meet customer and strategic goals.
- Proactively monitor database systems, take corrective actions to resolve potential issues and carry out preventive maintenance.
- Translate application needs into sound database design with tables, fields, and relationships documented.
- Establish database procedures and standards; assists in database design.
- Contribute to cross functional project teams that address customer initiatives or IT infrastructure needs.
- Provide problem resolution of reported database issues reported via IT team members, automated notifications, and IT ticketing system in compliance with applicable SLA.
- Develop, manage and test backup and recovery plans for database systems.
- Quick response to reported outages including 24/7 on-call support.
- Assist in development of staff.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in relevant area of study. (Associates degree with appropriate experience is acceptable)
- 5+ years of professional experience in PostgreSQL or Oracle database architecture and administration.
- 3+ years’ experience designing, building and managing open-source messaging solutions such as RabbitMQ or ActiveMQ preferred.
- Configuration and management of Linux systems (Centos / Red Hat preferred).
- Familiar with ETL process development, Data Management policy development, support and QA activities.
- Installation and management of open source software such as Apache, Tomcat, Zenoss, FreeIPA, OpenFire, DokuWiki, Request Tracker (RT), LogStash, Spacewalk.
- Scripting skills in Shell, PHP or Python.
- Experience with the Atlassian Suite, HP Vertica, MongoDB or VMWare a plus.
- Must be self-motivated and work well with other groups.
ABOUT BREAKTHROUGH®: Breakthrough®Fuel is the expert in managing the energy and information that fuels the movements of goods globally. We have the patented technology and industry knowledge to create energy strategies for the world's largest shippers. By providing transparency, we enable our clients to effectively manage the energy that moves their goods to market. These global strategies ultimately reduce the cost, consumption, and emissions associated with transportation fuel, giving our clients an edge on their competition. Now active in more than 40 countries, Breakthrough®Fuel supports billions of miles of transportation and manages hundreds of millions of gallons of fuel annually, making us the trusted advisor for transportation energy strategies worldwide.
MEET OUR SMART, PASSIONATE, AND EDGY TEAM: